Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway Steering Group Meeting, 12 December 2017 and Joint Session of Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway Steering Group Meeting and Seventh Meeting of the Working Group on the Asian Highway Network, 13 December 2017
The Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway (AP-IS) Steering Group Meeting (12 and 13 December 2017) and the Seventh Meeting of the Working Group on the Asian Highway Network (AH) (13 to 15 December 2017 will be held at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok.
Senior officials responsible for ICT connectivity will be participating in the AP-IS Steering Group Meeting on 12 December. The meeting is expected to follow-up on the outcomes of the first session of the AP-IS Steering Committee meeting and facilitate the subregional implementation of activities. The proposed way forward and actions serve as the basis for future cooperation of subregional Steering Groups. The subsequent progress made in the AP-IS implementation will be reported to the 2nd Session of the ESCAP Committee on Information and Communications Technology, Science and Innovation (CICTSTI) in 2018. The outcomes will also directly contribute to the implementation of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) action lines and to the achievement of the SDGs, particularly to establishing resilient infrastructure (SDG 9).
On 13 December, the AP-IS Steering Group and the AH Working Group will hold a joint session to discuss opportunities and challenges of co-deploying fibre-optic cable along the Asian Highway network. Participants will be senior officials experienced in formulating policies related to ICT and road infrastructure development.
For provisional agenda of Joint Session, please visit: http://www.unescap.org/sites/default/files/Provisional%20agenda-Joint%20...
For the First session of the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway (AP-IS) Steering Committee, please visit: http://www.unescap.org/events/first-session-asia-pacific-information-sup...
Remarks: on 12 December, the meeting will be held in Meeting Room A. On 13 December, the meeting will be held in Conference Room 3.
- Asia-Pacific ICT and DRR Gateway Leaflet_0.pdf
- A Study of ICT Connectivity for the Belt and Road Initiative.pdf
- Artificial Intelligence and Broadband Divide.pdf
- Asia Pacific Information Superhighway Objectives
- Meeting report of AP SG.pdf
- AP-IS Objectives and Structure.pdf
- Broadband Connectivity in ESCAP Subregions.pdf
- Building Synergies through Co-deployment.pdf
- ESCAP Summary of Country Submissions-edited.pdf
- ESCAP Summary of Organization Submissions-edited.pdf
- Satellite Communications and the AP-IS, Werner Balogh.pdf
- Experience of GMS Information Superhighway, CAICT.pdf
- Infrastructure Sharing and Co-Deployment Issues, World Bank.pdf
- Asia Pacific Information Superhighway steering group, Bangladesh Embassy.pdf
- Asia Pacific Information Superhighway steering group 2.pdf
- Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway and Bangladesh, ICT Division.pdf
- Breaking the barriers of Broadband in Asia-Pacific, LIRNEasia.pdf
- Co-deployment Initiatives in Bangladesh and India, B Islam.pdf
- Luzon Bypass Infrastructure, Philippines.pdf
- Trans-Eurasian Information Superhighway (TASIM).pdf
- AP-IS and Asian Highway Network, Tiziana Bonapace.pdf
- Joint Session of APIS Steering Group Meeting , and Seventh Meeting of the Working Group on the Asian Highway Network, ITU.pdf
- Asia-Pacific Telecommunity and its activities on Information Superhighway, APT_0.pdf
- Cost-benefit Analysis of Fiber-optic Co-deployment with Asian Highway, KT_2.pdf