This training course on “Government Procurement Negotiations” is co-organized by ESCAP and the International Institute for Trade and Development (ITD), Thailand. Trade negotiations and agreements can contribute, under the right conditions, to the integration of developing economies into the world economy. Enhancing such integration is seen as instrumental in assisting countries to effectively implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This training course will offer an opportunity for personnel in Thailand and regional low-income economies to: share experiences, techniques and best practices with respect to trade negotiations; improve their knowledge and to diversify experiences in the field of negotiation; and support the development of negotiating positions in regional and bilateral Free Trade Agreements.
- Session 2: Understanding the WTO Agreement on Government Procurement
- Session 4: Thailand Green Public Procurement
- Session 3: The Treatment of Government Procurement in FTAs
- Session 6: Preparing for Government Procurement Negotiations in Preferential Trade Agreements
- Session 7: Mitigating Corruption Risks in Procurement: The UN Convention Against Corruption
- Session 1: Integrity in Government Procurement: Perspectives from Developing Countries
- The Significance of Government Procurement for Trade and Development in the Current Global Economic Agenda