Addressing 2030 Agenda through Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration in Asia and the Pacific: Kazakhstan Expert Consultations
Infrastructure connectivity is at the core of regional integration and has been one of the basic requirements of economic development. The countries in each subregion of Asia-Pacific made lots of efforts in bridging the infrastructure gaps. Policymakers need to enable the links of urban and national borders to provide benefits to those who were marginalized. Also, the potentially damaging impact of natural disasters calls to increase the disaster resilience of various infrastructure.
The objectives of the two-day expert consultation are to raise awareness and enhance knowledge and capacity of the government officials of Kazakhstan on Transboundary Dimensions of the 2030 Agenda through Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration in Asia and the Pacific. As a result of these two days capacity building workshop the experts of Kazakhstan will be jointly able to:
1. Identify the challenges, gaps, and opportunities for current infrastructure development in,
2. Propose policy measures and strategies which take into account cross-sectoral synergy, disaster resilience, social inclusion and viable financing in transboundary infrastructure project, ensuring inclusive and sustainable development.
The “Training materials on ICT Co-deployment with road transport and electricity infrastructure" could be accessed at: https://owncloud.onat.edu.ua/index.php/s/UKZKBySnkjzyDoe”
The invited target beneficiaries of the workshop are officials and experts from respective ministries and government agencies of Kazakhstan, responsible for policy design and infrastructure development in the following areas: ICT and telecommunication, road and railway, electric power, oil/gas pipeline, social development (rural/urban, disability and gender mainstreaming), disaster risk management, infrastructure financing and SDG coordination.
Resources: Within the context of 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, ESCAP is enhancing the regional economic cooperation and integration in Asia and the Pacific . ESCAP aims at strengthening the capacity of target countries to develop sustainable and inclusive policies and mechanisms for trans-boundary infrastructure connectivity. These efforts aim to facilitate the development of the multi-sectoral capacities on development of assessments and gap analysis on national and transboundary infrastructure. Activities under the Development Account project span over four years, starting from 2018 – 2021 with Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Mongolia as target countries. Please refer to materials and studies and other available resources under Subregional Inception meeting under the Development Account Project, 2-4 October, 2018, Almaty, Kazakhstan .
Contact person (Almaty): Mr. Bekhzod Rakhmatov, Transport Division, ESCAP
Media Focal Point (Bangkok): Ms. Aida Karazhanova, ICT and Disaster Risk Reduction Division, ESCAP
- Overview of Project and Expert Consultation Workshop
- Building Disaster Resilience in Energy Transport and ICT Sectors in Central Asia, ESCAP
- Information Note-Rus
- In Dept National Study on ICT Infrastructure Co-Deployment with Road Transport & Electricity Infrastructure in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan Disaster Risk Profile
- ICT, Energy and Transport Connectivity and Synergy Through Co-Deployment
- Infrastructure Financing Challenges, Opportunities and Modalities in LLDCs, ESCAP_1.pdf
- Understanding and Estimating Disaster Risks, Concept and Methods
- Infrastructure Financing in Kazakhstan-Challenges, Opportunities, and Modalities.pdf
- Infrastructure Financing in Asia Pacific Landlocked Developing Countries, Challenges and Opportunities, Plenary
- Mobilizing Financing for sustainable Development
- Discussion Activity
- Инфраструктурное финансирование в Казахстане, ESCAP.pdf
- ICT Infrastructure Co-Deployment with Transport and Energy Infrastructure in North and Central Asia_1.pdf
- Risk-informed Infrastructure planning, Central Asia Pilot in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyz Republic.pdf
- Social Inclusiveness in Kaz_Talaibek.pdf
- Backdrop_way forward_Kaz.pdf
- Poll Slide with QR and link.pdf