The 20th Session of the Intergovernmental Consultative Committee (ICC) on the Regional Space Applications Programme for Sustainable Development (RESAP) will be held from 31 October to 1 November 2016 in New Delhi, India.
ESCAP, through its 20 year long-standing Regional Space Application Programme for Sustainable Development (RESAP), brings together national space agencies in the Asia-Pacific region to work together to other developing countries access satellite-derived data, products and services. In light of the recent historic global mandates such as the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, and the Paris Climate Agreement, the ICC-20 and Space Leaders Forum will be a crucial event for situating RESAP in this new global development landscape to ensure that the benefits of space technology applications reach all countries of Asia-Pacific.
The ICC-20 is expected to shape a new strategy for RESAP, as part of the new Asia-Pacific Plan of Action 2018-2030, and to agree on the Declaration by regional space leaders, which will then be adopted at the Space Leaders Forum and presented at the Asia Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR).
- Meeting programme for 20th Session of the ICC
- List of meeting participants for 20th Session of the ICC
- Final report for the 20th Session of the ICC and EGM on RESAP
- Progress report - a retrospective look at the evaluation of space applications over two decades
- Towards a new Asia-Pacific strategy for using space applications to support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: an opportunity for the space community to shape a sustainable future