Next Generation Trade Facilitation for Sustainable Development
The Asia-Pacific Trade Facilitation Forum (APTFF) is the leading regional platform for the exchange of good practices and knowledge on trade facilitation. The APTFF has been organized by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in cooperation with a growing number of partners, since 2009. The Forum attracts over 250 participants from over 30 countries, and offers extensive opportunities for capacity building and cooperation.
The 10th Asia-Pacific Trade Facilitation Forum co-organized by ADB and ESCAP with the Ministry of Trade and Industry, Singapore will focus on how trade facilitation should evolve to enhance the resilience of international supply chains in times of pandemic and to better support sustainable economic recovery and development in the Asia-Pacific region. In this regard, the Forum will explore how trade digitalization and emerging technologies can be used to ensure that new generation trade facilitation measures are inclusive and sustainable, enabling effective participation of SMEs and less developed economies in international trade.
The Forum will feature panel discussions, interactive and informative sessions allowing the participants to share experiences and perspectives on different aspects of trade facilitation, including trade finance, cross-border e-commerce and paperless trade, transit, innovative application of emerging technologies, etc. The Forum will feature relevant regional initiatives and implementation cases in each session. The Forum will also include a number of side-events providing more in-depth exploration of pertinent trade facilitation issues.
(Physical meeting is by invitation only)
The APTFF 2022 is open for online participation. To join our main event and side events virtually, please register at the following links:
- Main Forum, 29 August 2022, 10:00 – 17:40 / Main Forum, 30 August 2022, 09:00 – 17:30 (English-Russian interpretation)
- APTFF Capacity Building Workshop on Cross-border Paperless Trade Facilitation, 31 August - 1 September 2022, 09:00 – 12:00 (English-Russian interpretation)
- Workshop on International Standards for Trade Facilitation, 31 August 2022, 09:00 – 11:00
- Launch of the joint ITC-UNECE publication “Managing Risk for Safe and Efficient Trade: Guide for Border Regulators”, 31 August 2022, 11:00 – 12:00
- UNCTAD/ESCAP Workshop on NTFCs and Sustainable Trade Facilitation, 31 August 2022, 13:00 – 16:30
- A Way Forward on Proof of Origin as Concrete Trade Facilitating Measure, 1 September 2022, 09:00 – 12:00
- Asia Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA) Promotion Session, 1 September 2022, 13:00 – 14:00 (English-Russian interpretation)
- UN Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation: Way Forward, 1 September 2022,13:00 – 14:00