Membership of APETIT
Criteria for accepting new members and related procedures are as follows:
1. APETIT membership shall consist of:
(a) Regional members : * /
National focal point members , representing the country/territory with voting privileges;
General members , which could be tourism education, training and research institutes; government tourism agencies and tourism trade associations; tourism departments at the universities/colleges, with no voting privileges;
Individual members, with no voting privileges;
* / A regional members would be taken from those countries and areas in the Asian and Pacific region as defined by the official UNESCAP listing of the territories of Asia and the Pacific: Afghanistan; American Samoa; Armenia; Australia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Brunei Darussalam; Cambodia; China; Cook Island; Democratic People's Republic of Korea; Fiji; French Polynesia; Georgia; Guam; Hong Kong, China; India; Indonesia; Islamic Republic of Iran; Japan; Kazakhstan; Kiribati; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Macao, China; Malaysia; Maldives; Marshall Islands; Federated States of Micronesia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nauru; Nepal; New Caledonia; New Zealand; Niue; Northern Mariana Islands; Pakistan; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; the Republic of Korea; Russian Federation; Samoa; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Sri Lanka; Tajikistan; Timor-Leste; Thailand; Tonga; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu and Viet Nam.
(b) Non-regional members :
Invited members, with no voting privileges;
Individual members , with no voting privileges;
(c) Other members :
International and regional organizations involved in tourism , with no voting privileges;
Honorary life member , with no voting privileges, for a person or company in recognition of contributions made to development of APETIT.
A national focal point member should be training or education institute, and will have responsibility for the national Network. A national tourism organization could also serve as a national focal point if a training or education institute was not available in that country or area.
2. The applicant must be willing and able to actively participate in the activities of APETIT.
3. An application form must be submitted to the UNESCAP Secretariat.
4. Admission of membership is subject to the approval of the Executive Committee.
|Copyright© 2013 UNESCAP | Legal Notice|