1. Assist the Committee on Statistics in carrying out its functions in the course of the intersessional period, including overseeing the activities of the Statistics Division of the ESCAP secretariat related to the implementation of the decisions of the Committee.
2. Represent the Committee, through its Chairperson or such other Bureau member as may be designated by the Chairperson at meetings, workshops or other forums for which invitations might be received and which the Bureau considers of particular relevance and importance to the Committee.
3. Consider presentations from the secretariat on the resolutions and decisions of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific and of the United Nations Statistical Commission, and will highlight issues of particular importance to the ESCAP region for the consideration of the Committee, making appropriate recommendations.
4. Guide the ESCAP secretariat in the development of the provisional agenda, including the scope of documentation, for each Committee session.
5. Provide recommendations to the Committee to establish working groups, task forces or any other instruments as are deemed necessary for furtherance of the functions of the Committee and implement its decisions through the secretariat.
6. Keep the Committee informed of all significant steps taken and proposed by the Bureau and, in the event of objections or differences, resolve matters through electronic communication.
For more information, please see: "E/ESCAP/CST(2)/2: Proposed strategic directions of the Committee on Statistics".