This is the tentative programme of the second meeting of the Working Groups for the implementation of resolution 70/1, including the Working Group on Increasing Economic and Technical Cooperation to Address Shared Vulnerabilities and Risks, which will be organized by ESCAP in Bangkok from 26 to 27 March 2015.
This is the call for participation at the Asia-Pacific Civil Society Forum on Sustainable Development and associated events. Please read carefully and apply to participate online at http://meetings.unescap.org/ before 1 April 2015. Thank you.
The Background Policy Study (here: Study) on Wastewater Management and Sanitation in Cambodia, Lao PDR and Socialist Republic of Viet Nam (here Viet Nam) seeks to address the following three primary goals: (a) revisiting the policies, strategies, institutional and financial framework of the three countries; (b) reviewing barriers and drivers of sustainable sanitation services (SSS), and, (c) suggesting solutions and options for reform.
The presentations for the National Dialogue on Urban Nexus in Thailand include:
1. Opening Remarks by ESCAP
2. Opening Remarks by Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
3. Keynote presentation by Ministry of Energy
4. GIZ - Project Overview
5. GIZ - Waste-to-Energy
6. Chiang Mai - Challenges in the Urban Nexus project
7 Nakhon Ratchasima - Challenges in the Urban Nexus project
8. ESCAP - Governance and Urban Nexus
Local governments are responsible for a growing number of issues, including integrated resource management at the local level. However, gaps exist between responsibilities and actual mandates, financing sources and capacities of local governments to implement urban nexus initiatives. Moreover, almost all cities have outgrown their original municipal jurisdiction and their urban areas now extend into at least one other neighboring local government (and often many).
Opening Remarks were delivered by:
1. Dr. Donovan Storey, Chief, Sustainable Urban Development Section, Environment and Development Division, ESCAP
2. Dr. Christine Falken-Grosser, Economic and Commercial Counsellor, Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
3. Dr. Sorawit Nanjaruwong, Expert Energy for Urban Development, Ministry of Energy
Global Assessment Report: National Statistical System of Mongolia is the background document for the Fourth Meeting of the Steering Group for the Regional Programme on Economic Statistics (RPES), Bangkok, 23-24 March 2015.