This is the Business Forum for High-level Expert Group Meeting on Infrastructure Public-Private Partnerships for Sustainable Development held on 11 and 13 November 2012 in Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran.
Presentation on the Explanation of the Vensim Model made during the National Awareness Raising and Capacity Building Workshop on Measurement of Inland Transport CO2 Emissions and Assessment Tool (ForFITS) held on 23-24 September 2013 at United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok, Thailand.
Moderator: Mr. Scott Hook, Economic Infrastructure Adviser, PIFS
1. Solomon Islands franchise shipping scheme - by ADB
2. Vanuatu inter-island shipping support programme - by Vanuatu
3. Fiji franchise scheme - by Fiji
4. New Zealand Aid programme’s Pacific maritime safety programme (including activities in Kiribati, Cook Islands, Tonga and hydrographical risk assessments) - by New Zealand
Shipping commissions in and service provisions for the Pacific – Panel discussion
Moderator: Mr. John P.B. Hogan, Director, EDD, SPC
1. The role of regional shipping commissions in improving service delivery in the Pacific - by SPC
2. Existing models of shipping service provisions for the Pacific - by PDL
Potential for further hub port development and perspectives on potential hub-and-spoke networks – Panel discussion
Moderator: Mr. David Smith, Senior Economic Affairs Officer, ESCAP Pacific Office, Suva
Port development – Panel discussion
Moderator: Mr. Brian Riches, Deputy Director (Transport), EDD, SPC
1. Developing and financing port infrastructure - by PISA
2. Aids to navigation in the Pacific sub-region: challenges and opportunities - by SPC
3. Ports’ specific instruments of ILO - by ILO
4. Hydrographical issues in the Pacific sub-region - by SPC
1. Facilitation of maritime transport - by IMO
2. Trade facilitation issues in the Pacific - by PIFS
3. ESCAP Video - UNNExT Single window implementation toolkit - UNNExT Single window implementation toolkit http://www.unescap.org/tid/unnext/sw-vid1.asp.
4. Marine Pollution Convention, Annex V and regional waste reception facilities & Pacific Islands Regional Marine Spill Contingency Plan (PACPLAN) - by SPREP
5. Ship financing - by Goundar Shipping Ltd.