Opening Statement as Prepared for Delivery by Dr. Noeleen Heyzer, United Nations Under-Secretary-General & Executive Secretary of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in the Committee on Statistics, Third session, Bangkok, 12-14 December 2012.
This background note is for the Expert Group Meeting on Development of the Technical and Policy Frameworks for Transboundary Air Pollution Assessment and Abatement in North-East Asia held in Beijing, China on 1 May 2014.
This is the document on "Dates and venue for the next session of the Forum of Asian Ministers of Transport" (available in English, Chinese, French, Russian) discussed during the for the Forum of Asian Ministers of Transport, first session held on 14-16 December 2009 at United Nations Conference Centre, Bangkok, Thailand.
1. Transport infrastructure projects, activities and initiatives at national and international level [SPECA countries/UNECE/UNESCAP] (SPECA/PWG-TBC(17)/2 and 3)
2. International Conventions and Agreements (SPECA/PWG-TBC(17)/4)
3. National coordinating mechanisms for transport facilitation (SPECA/PWG-TBC(17)/5)
4. Operation of road and rail networks in the SPECA region and identification of major bottlenecks (SPECA/PWG-TBC(17)/6)
5. Monitoring of performance of major transport corridors/routes (SPECA/PWG-TBC(17)/7)