The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) has been promoting decentralized and Integrated Resource Recovery Centers (IRRCs) in secondary cities and small towns in Asia-Pacific with an objective to recover value from waste and provide livelihood opportunities to the urban poor. The IRRC model uses simple technology, is low cost and aims at financially viability by converting organic waste into compost and valorizing recyclable waste, made possible through the separation of waste at source.
Draft Report of the meeting on Statistics and data for the post-2015 development agenda: Implications for regional collaboration in Asia and the Pacific, Bangkok, 9-10 December 2014. It was prepared by ESCAP Statistics Division.
Case study presentations: Policy Framework for SME trade facilitation through ICT in Thailand
The experience of Thailand on the policy framework created to support trade facilitation for SMEs:
• 3rd SMEs Promotional Master Plan (2012-2016)
• 2014 Government Policy on SMEs
• ETDA and SME-specific tools
• DITP applications and ThaiTrade.com
Case study presentation on Innovative and Successful Deployment of ICT to facilitate traceability for SMEs in the agriculture sector
• GrapeNet: electronic traceability for fruit and vegetables in India. Delivered by Ms. Dhanashree Shukla, Director, Vikramshila Export Import Pvt Ltd, India
• TRACEverified: e-traceable fishery and aquaculture products in Vietnam. Delivered by Mr. Ly Hoang Hai, MD, Electronic Traceability Project, Vietnam
Case study presentation on Facilitating the "Buy" Process for SMEs: Development of E-commerce and Ebusiness Platforms to Facilitate Market Access and the Role of Governments. Delivered by Prof. Wang Jian, Professor, University of International Business and Economics (UIBE) of Beijing.
Case study presentation on Applications for SME trade facilitation beyond single window and the role of public-private sector partnerships: perspectives from KTNET. Delivered by Mr. Sung Heun Ha, Director, Global Business and Cooperation Team, Korea Trade Network (KTNET).