Statistical Yearbook for Asia and the Pacific 2016: SDG Baseline Report
The report presents the SDG baseline for the Asia and the Pacific both at the regional and sub-regional levels for selected targets of each SDG. The main objective of the Report is to highlight critical gaps and challenges of the region in achieving the SDGs and inform inter-governmental and inter-agency regional decision making in support of implementing the 2030 development agenda in the region.
The report is organized in three parts:
- Part I provides a regional snapshot of progress since 2000 (starting of the MDGs) and acceleration that is required in order for the region to achieve the 16 goals by 2030. This is further elaborated in a dashboard across the target areas, highlighting the size of the gaps between a “business-as-usual” scenario and the required pace of progress by 2030.
- Part II then sets out a more detailed, goal by goal baseline for the region for selected targets, drawing on the latest data available on the proposed global indicators as well as supplementary statistical information.
- Part III concludes by highlighting key findings of the baseline report and the regional vision for transforming official statistics to tackle challenges in meeting the statistics and data requirements for the follow-up and review of the 2030 agenda. It also emphasize critical role of data disaggregation for achieving the leave-no-one-behind ambition of the SDGs.
Part I: Regional snapshot
Part II: Goal by goal assessment
- Goal 1 No poverty
- Goal 2 Zero hunger
- Goal 3 Good health and well-being
- Goal 4 Quality education
- Goal 5 Gender equality
- Goal 6 Clean water and sanitation
- Goal 7 Affordable and clean energy
- Goal 8 Decent work and economic growth
- Goal 9 Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Goal 10 Reduce inequality
- Goal 11 Sustainable cities and communities
- Goal 12 Responsible consumption and production
- Goal 13 Climate action
- Goal 14 Life below water
- Goal 15 Life on land
- Goal 16 Peace justice and strong institutions
- Goal 17 Partnerships for the goals
Part III: Conclusion
- Progress made, but more needed
- Leaving no one behind: Appropriate aggregation and right disaggregation
Methods and references