the Programme Planning and Partnerships Division
|The Programme Planning and Partnerships Division (PPD) is responsible for overall programme planning and budgeting, financial management of the utilization of the resources of ESCAP, programme monitoring and evaluation, technical cooperation management and trust fund administration, interagency coordination, partnerships and servicing of the Advisory Committee of Permanent Representatives and Other Representatives Designated by Members of the Commission. The Division also coordinates all ESCAP operational activities in a range of economic and social development sectors. PPD undertakes its work within the framework of results-based management.
The Programme Planning and Partnerships Division comprises the Office of the Division Chief and two sections, namely the Programme Planning, Budget and Evaluation (PPBE) Section and the Technical Cooperation (TC) Section.
- Support the Executive Secretary of ESCAP on overall strategic issues, priorities and policies in the areas of programme planning, budgeting, monitoring, and evaluation, technical cooperation and results-based management;
- Guide and coordinate the planning of the programme of work of ESCAP, including preparation of the strategic framework and programme budget; plan, certify and manage the use of all budgetary resources and ensure their effective and efficient utilisation;
- Plan, guide and assist in the development of ESCAP's technical cooperation programmes; manage technical cooperation trust funds, organize donor consultations, and oversee relations with donor governments and agencies;
- Monitor and evaluate ESCAP's programme implementation and budgetary performance, including delivery of its technical cooperation activities and regional advisory services;
- Organize and service the meetings of the Advisory Committee of Permanent Representatives (ACPR);
- Serve as focal point for the review for technical cooperation agreements, Memorandum of Understandings and partnerships.
- Serve as the secretariat of the Project Approval Committee (PAC) and Quality Assurance Team (QAT);
- Serve as focal point for interagency cooperation, including the United Nations Asia-Pacific Regional Coordination Mechanism (RCM), the Heads of Agency Meeting (HOAM), the Regional Directors’ Team (RDT) and the CCA/UNDAF processes;
- Administer a regional Multi-donor Voluntary Trust Fund for Early Warning System Arrangements in the Indian Ocean and Southeast Asia (http://www.unescap.org/pmd/tsunami_index.asp);
- Serve as ESCAP’s focal point for South-South Cooperation activities and capacity building on results-based management at ESCAP.
- Service the Commission’s Committee of the Whole on management issues, including programme planning, monitoring and evaluation items, the Commission’s Working Group on Draft Resolutions;
- Service the OIOS audits, evaluations and inspections with respect to areas under the purview of the Division
Our team includes professionals with backgrounds in a range of economic and social development areas, and specialists in project planning and results-based management, public administration, business administration, communications and information technology. We also have a talented pool of general support staff, who provide back-up services to ensure effective and efficient operations.