High-level Panel on Evaluation and the Post-2015 Development Agenda at UN Evaluation Week
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) will host a High-level Panel on Evaluation and the Post-2015 Development Agenda, followed by a luncheon and cocktail event on 1 April during this year’s United Nations Evaluation Week.
The panel will discuss how evaluation can best contribute to the post-2015 development agenda, what difference it will make in ensuring accountability and transparency and how the different players, including governments, the United Nations, NGOs and evaluation communities, can act together towards the 2015 International Year of Evaluation at the global, regional and national levels.
The United Nations Evaluation Week to be held in Bangkok from 31 March to 4 April, will bring together evaluators across the United Nations system to share their work and expertise with Member states and other partners to further discuss evaluation objectives, results and perspectives. The United Nations Evaluation Week is an opportunity for United Nations evaluators to better explain how to strengthen the effectiveness of the United Nations and to advocate on behalf of the importance of evaluation for learning, decision-making and accountability.
This will be the first time the event will be held in the Asia Pacific region.
WHAT: High-level Panel on Evaluation and the Post-2015 Development Agenda, luncheon and cocktail event
WHERE: Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, Bangkok (Ballroom 1)
WHEN: Tuesday, 1 April 2014, 13:30 to 16:00 hrs
WHO: Representatives of Member states, the donor community, evaluation networks and the United Nations
- Mr. Shun-ichi Murata, Deputy Executive Secretary of ESCAP
- H.E. Mr. Kazi Imtiaz Hossain, Ambassador, Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh to the Kingdom of Thailand and Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to ESCAP
- Mr. Kabir Hashim, MP Economist and an Independent M&E consultant and Member of the Parliament of Sri Lanka
- Ms. Natalia Kosheleva, Co-chair of EvalPartners and President of IOCE
- Prof. Shiva Kumar, President of Professional Development Associates, India
- Ms. Deborah Rugg, Chair of United Nations Evaluation Group, and the Director of the Inspection and Evaluation Division, Office of Internal Oversight Services
- Mr. Vinod Thomas, Director General of Independent Evaluation at the Asian Development Bank