The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in collaboration with the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) and the Information and Communication Technology Agency (ICTA) of the Government of Sri Lanka, are organizing a Regional Expert Consultation on Connecting Asia-Pacific’s Digital Society for Resilient Development.
The consultation took place on 5-6 September 2012 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The objective of the consultation is to devise ways and review best practices in using ICT connectivity for the resilient development of the region. The consultation will focus on several aspects of regional connectivity, both in terms of infrastructure and the enabling legal environment.
- List of participants
- Outcome document
- Session 1: Expanding regional broadband connectivity
- Session 2: ICT innovation and resilience building
- Session 3: Promoting digital inclusion
- Session 4: Establishing an enabling cross-border legal environment for regional connectivity
- Session 5: The United Nations Convention on the Use of Electronic Communications in International Contracts, 2005-National implementation
- Session 6: Building an enabling national and international legal environment for electronic single windows and paperless trade
- Background publications: