The training workshop was one of the activities of the UNESCAP project entitled “Development of e-business development services for SMEs in selected ASEAN countries and southern China” funded by the Government of Japan through the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The project aimed to raise awareness and build capacity of Enterprise Support Agencies (ESAs) on e-business and assist them in the development of e-business service as one of their enterprise development services for SMEs. More specifically, the project:
- Identified e-business development services needs and strategic direction for each target economy;
- Convinced enterprise support agencies of the need and potential of e-business development services;
- Improved and equipped ESAs for e-business development services enterprises; and
- Created awareness among businesses of the new/improved e-business development services.
- To assist the participating trainers to gain familiarity with e-business training modules and methodology;
- To receive feedback from participants on the training methodology, modules, and materials for further refinement;
- To review the activities and outputs associated with the pilot projects, which this project has initiated in selected countries; and
- To discuss the way forward in integrating the training modules in the pilot project activities and advocating for e-business among SMEs in general.
Cambodia , Lao People's Democratic Republic, Myanmar , Thailand , Viet Nam, and Yunnan Province of China.
Twenty four managers and trainers from Enterprise Support Agencies (e.g., chambers of commerce, business associations, etc.) and training institutions in six participating countries.