ESCAP organized the International Workshop on Entrepreneurship and e-Business Development for Women at the Centennial Hall, Sookmyung Women’s University, Seoul from 3 to 8 July 2006. The workshop was one of several activities of the project entitled, “Establishment of sustainable e-business and network for green co-op enterprises for women in rural communities”. It was co-organized by the Asia Development Bank Institute (ADBI), the Asia-Pacific Women’s Information Network Center (APWINC) of Sookmyung Women’s University, and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
The workshop was attended by 46 participants from 20 countries. They included women entrepreneurs, government officials, academics and representatives of non-governmental organizations.
The objectives of the Workshop were for participants to:
- Be able to plan a marketing strategy using the latest technology and be able to establish an e-community using e-business solutions;
- Build a network of women entrepreneurs and community leaders;
- Improve policy makers capacity in using ICT to enable them to promote marketing “green” or organic products through e-business applications
A network of women entrepreneurs and policy makers is established .
- Strategies for establishing or enhancing women entrepreneurs, including though agribusiness co-ops, are available.
- Strategies for establishing e-business, including in agribusiness co-ops, are available.