WTO Ministerial Conference 11 "Advancing Trade Facilitation and Paperless Trade for Sustainable Growth"
How can trade facilitation best sustain sustainable growth? Given that trade costs within and between most developing regions remain much higher than those that prevail between developed countries, what are the specific measures that need implementation support? What are the related challenges and opportunities? Based on the key findings of the 2017 Global Survey on Trade Facilitation and Paperless Trade Implementation, the UN Regional Commissions (UNRCs) will present best approaches and success stories, and will discuss lessons learned and ways forward.
The event will illustrate the development impact of trade facilitation interventions by the UNRCs in areas such as streamlining border clearance procedures; creating synergies between trade facilitation and quality control and assurance; reducing transaction costs; implementing international standards for paperless trade and other innovative trade facilitation approaches. It will also provide the opportunity to hear from countries of the different regions about good practices and lessons learned related to the implementation of specific measures of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA), and the strategic priorities for advancing trade facilitation and e-commerce.
- Session 1 - The Global Survey on Trade Facilitation and Paperless Trade Implementation: Background and Methodology
- Session 1 - Evidence from North America
- Session 1 - Evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean
- Session 1 - Survey of the Implementation of Trade Facilitation and Paperless Trade Implementation in ESCWA
- Session 2 - Morocco - Experience on Trade Facilitation
- Session 2 - Argentina - Experience on Trade Facilitation
- Session 2 - WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement Facility (TFAF)