ESCAP-ARTNeT/ITD Training course on “E-Commerce and Emerging Digital Trade Agenda”
The Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT) of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in collaboration with the International Institute for Trade and Development (ITD) and the Ministry of Commerce of Thailand, is organizing a training course on “E-Commerce and Emerging Digital Trade Agenda”. The participants will include officials and stakeholders from Bhutan, Cambodia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Viet Nam.
The training aims to contribute towards development of foundational level competencies in order to 1) Form an understanding of the importance of e-commerce within the Inclusive Trade and Digital Economy context; 2) Create familiarisation of emerging future trade enabling agendas including new terms, reference points; 3) Formulate country level agenda to promote e-Commerce for SME and start-ups; and 4) Perform preliminary country level assessment of e-Trade readiness.
- Session 1: E-commerce and emerging digital trade agenda, by Duangthip Chomprang
- Session 2: E-commerce: Global trends and developments, by Sven Callebaut
- Session 3: E-trade for All, by Sven Callebaut
- Session 4: Future of e-commerce in Thailand and ASEAN, by Pawoot Pongvitayapanu
- Session 5: Trend in International rule-making for the digital economy, by Simon Lacey
- Session 6: Developing regional cross-border e-commerce through paperless trade, by Yann Duval
- Session 7: Digital economy and inclusive trade, by Jonathan Wong
- Session 8: Accelerating SME trade: De Minimis Plurilateral, by KatiSuominen