Capacity Building Workshop on Strengthening Integrated Intermodal Transport Connectivity for Southeast and South-Southwest Asia
Transport facilitation in the Asia-Pacific region faces numerous challenges that include lack of transport and transit rights, inadequate infrastructure and facilities to efficiently handle cargo, complex regulations and cumbersome procedures that do not meet international/regional standards related to facilitation, and other non-physical barriers.
Recognizing these challenges, the Commission adopted several resolutions among which 73/3, on advancing integrated and seamless connectivity for sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific, calls for sustainable transport development.
In view of the above, there is an urgent need to tackle the challenges that member countries face, and identify opportunities in achieving sustainable transport infrastructure and operational connectivity.
Hence, Transport Division, ESCAP in collaboration with the Korea Ports and Harbours Association of the Republic of Korea is organizing a “Capacity Building Workshop on Strengthening Integrated Intermodal Transport Connectivity for Southeast and South-Southwest Asia”, from 8 to 9 March 2018, Bangkok, Thailand.
The main purpose of the Workshop is to assist countries in planning, developing and implementing integrated intermodal transport connectivity from port to the inland final destination and vice versa, through integrated transport modes including road, rail, inland water and sea. The Workshop will support the exchange of good practices between and among resource persons and participating countries on developing sustainable and integrated transport connectivity.
Mr. Sooyeob Kim
E-mail: [email protected]
- Country Presentation - Bangladesh
- Country Presentation - Bhutan
- Country Presentation - India
- Country Presentation - Lao PDR
- Country Presentation - Malaysia
- Country Presentation - Myanmar
- Country Presentation - Nepal
- Country Presentation - Pakistan
- Country Presentation - Republic of Korea
- Country Presentation - Sri Lanka
- Country Presentation - Thailand
- Country Presentation - Viet Nam
- ESCAP Presentation - Global and regional challenges on port development
- ESCAP Presentation - Container throughput forecast in the ESCAP region
- ESCAP Presentation - The Use of Logistics Information System for increasing efficiency of transport connectivity
- Presentation by KMI - Strategies on Strengthening resilience and environmental friendly port development and operation
- Presentation by KMI - Strengthening transport connectivity
- Presentation by WTI - China container sea-rail intermodal transport development
- Presentation by resource person - Port community system