Asia Pacific Regional Consultation on Universal Access to HIV Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support
In preparation for the 2011 UN General Assembly High Level Meeting on HIV/AIDS, the UN Secretary General launched his report on HIV and AIDS on Thursday, March 31 in Nairobi, Kenya.
At the same time, delegates from 24 Asian and Pacific countries met in Bangkok to review progress and challenges to the regional efforts to ensure access to HIV and AIDS services for all.
The Asia Pacific Regional Consultation on Universal Access to HIV Treatment, Care and Support brought together 200 representatives from government, the United Nations, development partners and communities most affected by HIV and AIDS.
- Opening Ceremony - Wednesday 30 March, 08:30-10:30, Athenee I - 2nd Floor, speakers included:
- Mr. Paijit Warachit, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand, and Deputy Chair of the AIDS Planning and Coordination Committee
- Mr. Murray Proctor, AIDS Ambassador, Australia
- Mr. Vince Crisostomo, Executive Director, Seven Sisters Coalition
- Ms. Anupama Rao Singh, Regional Director, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office
- The Closing ceremony – Thursday 31 March, 1630 – 1715, Athenee I - 2nd Floor