Expert Group Meeting on the regional implementation of the Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action for landlocked developing countries
The Expert Group Meeting aims to provide regional perspectives and in-depth country experiences in the implementation of the Vienna Programme of Action and in building their capacity to make appropriate policy responses that address their special sustainable development needs and policy challenges in a more coherent manner. The meetings also help strengthen professional networks of development experts in the Asia-Pacific region, in particular for the landlocked developing countries. It also seeks to review the draft chapters of the Asia-Pacific Countries with Special Needs Development Report 2017, which is a new annual ESCAP flagship publication on the development challenges of the region’s least developed countries (LDCs), landlocked developing countries (LLDCs) and small island developing States (SIDS). The 2017 issue of the CSN Development Report discusses the importance of investing in infrastructure development and maintenance in sustaining inclusive growth and sustainable development outcomes. Experts on development economics, infrastructure development and investment, and financing for development issues from leading national think-tanks, academic institutions and other stakeholders in Asia-Pacific are expected to attend the meeting.
POLICY BRIEFS ON CSN ISSUES
- Policy Brief No. 20 Accelerating MDGs achievement in Asia and the Pacific: the role of public expenditure
- Policy Brief No. 22 Policies for balanced development of LDCs
- Policy Brief No. 23 Macroeconomic policies in post-conflict resource rich countries
- Policy Brief No. 27 Shifting structure of financial sector in Asia and the Pacific
- Policy Brief No. 29 How inclusive is growth in the Asia-Pacific region?
- Policy Brief No. 30 Reducing resource dependence: What can Asia-Pacific resource rich countries do?
- Policy Brief No. 34 Development of services sector for economic diversification and integration in North and Central Asia
- Policy Brief No. 35 Coping with natural disasters in the Pacific
- Policy Brief No. 36 Boosting women's workforce participation in South and South-West Asia
- Policy Brief No. 42 Developing renewable energy in Pacific small island developing States
- Policy Brief No. 43 Smooth transition and graduation of least developed countries: Coping with natural disasters and climate change
ESCAP CSN RESOURCES
- Asia-Pacific Countries with Special Needs Development Report 2015
- Asia-Pacific Countries with Special Needs Development Report 2016