Objectives of the meeting
The Informal Brainstorming Meeting aims to generate ideas, comments and suggestions for the development of the LCGG Roadmap. In particular, participants are expected to identify key policy options to be included and analyzed for each of the five tracks.
The Project will only aim to identify strategic and innovative policy options that are expected to carry substantial impact in promoting green growth approaches since compiling all policy options is not feasible.
During the Informal Brainstorming Meeting, we would like to have the comments on our proposal of 5 tracks and also would like to receive specific suggestions for policy options that need to be included in the roadmap.
Specifically, the meeting aims at:
- Presenting the LCGG Roadmap outline to generate comments;
- Discussing the main research thrust and indentifying key policy options for each of the 5 tracks;
- Developing a concrete plan for the preparation of the Roadmap;
- Identify key partners to involve in the preparation of the Roadmap.
The meeting will gather a selected number of leading experts from across the world, as well as policymakers from the region, and will be organized as follows. After a presentation of the draft outline for the LCGG Roadmap, dedicated sessions will discuss each of the 5 tracks of the Roadmap. Presentations from the world’s leading experts in each area of these 5 tracks will be followed by comments and discussion. Lastly, the concluding session will discuss how to develop the Roadmap and identify immediate next steps.
The expected outcomes of the meeting are:
- Documentation of comments, insights and suggestions raised by participants for the development of the LCGG Roadmap;
- Identification of key policy options to be included and analyzed in the Roadmap;
- Suggestions on possible best practices to be researched as case studies.
- Revision of the draft LCGG Roadmap outline;
- Concrete plan for the development of the LCGG Roadmap;
- Setting up of communities of practice to review and contribute to the development of the Roadmap in each of the 5 tracks.