Establishment of board, committees, etc to implement international accord
What are the strengths?
What are the weaknesses?
- When a separate body is created for implementing each agreement, the task of each body is well-defined and narrow in scope.
- This arrangement enables each board or committee to attract staff with the specific skills required to accomplish the required task
- It is difficult to analyze various impacts of these environmental agreements on different sectors of the economy due to the absence of one central body.
- Coordination of the activities of all implementing boards and committees becomes difficult.
- There are possible overlap, conflict or lack of consistency in implementation
- By creating a new board or committee following an agreement, a country might sideline the issues from mainstream activities, but at the same time show to the international community that initiatives are being taken.