last updated : 20 December 1999
Selected Macroeconomic Issues of Common Concern to the Central Asian Countries and the Russian Federation
- INTER-ENTERPRISE ARREARS IN THE CENTRAL ASIAN COUNTRIES AND THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
- I. Evolution of inter-enterprise arrears in the Russian Federation and Central Asian countries.
- A. General trends
- B. Changing pattern of arrears
- II. Initial causes of inter-enterprise arrears and the factors exacerbating the problem
- A. Adaptation to normal market system
- B. The credibility of macroeconomic policy and behaviour of enterprises
- C. Inadequacy of and disturbances in the financial (payments) system
- D. Deficiency of the legal and institutional structures
- III. Conclusions and policy recommendations
- RENEWAL AND DEVELOPMENT OF ECONOMIC COOPERATION BETWEEN THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION AND THE CENTRAL ASIAN COUNTRIES
- I. Economic interdependence of the countries in the former Soviet Union
- II. Causes of disintegration
- III. Efforts to revitalize economic relationships
- IV. Strategic interests for integration
- V. Concluding observations
| Publications | Projects | Calendar | PDD | ESCAP | UN Homepage |
Please contact the webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
For any queries concerning the substantive content of the page, please contact PDD homepage.