III. Concurrent list
3. Educational services
4. Higher education
5. National housing and construction
6. Acquisition and requisitioning of property
7. Social services and rehabilitation
8. Agricultural and agrarian services. This includes the establishment and promotion of agro-link industries for the setting up and maintenance of farms, and supervision of private nurseries
8.2 Soil conservation
8.3 Plant pests
10. Registration of births, marriages and deaths
13. Festivals and exhibitions
14. Rationing of food and maintenance of food stocks
18. Social forestry and protection of wild animals and birds
20. Animal husbandry
23. Trade and Commerce
24. Newspapers, Books etc.
25. Offences against statues with respect to any matters specified in the Concurrent List
26. Fees in respect of any of the matters in the Concurrent List excluding fees taken in any court
27. Charities and charitable institutions
28. Price control
29. Inquiries and statistics pertaining to any matters in the concurrent list or in the Provincial Council list.
30. Adulteration of foodstuffs and other goods
31. Drug and poisons
32. Extension of electrification within a province etc.
33. Protection of the environment
34. Archaeological sites etc.
35. Prevention of infectious diseases etc.
1. Specific subjects included under each of the above areas are detailed in the 13th amendment to the Constitution.
2. Subjects in bold are of relevance to the study.
Source: Supplement to Part II of the Gazette of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka dated 20 November 1987.