V. INSTITUTIONAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
| V-J ]
F. Technology indexes and standards
4. Environmental protection goal for Shenyang in 2010
By 2010, the natural ecology and environmental quality of Shenyang City will have been improved. Various national environmental quality standards will be achieved, step by step, in Shenyang, and the coordinated development of resources, the economy and society will have been realized. The main targets are given below.
- Environmental Quality Indexes
Environmental Improvement Indexes
- Atmospheric environmental quality will reach the second class standard of State.
- Water environmental quality in the urban sections of the main river systems will achieve the function zones standard.
- The ratio of qualified domestic drinking water will reach 100 per cent.
- Control of environmental noise levels will be brought down to the national standard.
Pollution control indexes
- Ratio of urban sewage disposal will reach 75 per cent.
- The ratio of urban gas supply reaches 100 per cent.
- The ratio of harmless disposal of domestic garbage will reach 100 per cent.
- The percentage of vegetation cover in built-up areas will reach 40 per cent.
- The urban green area per person will reach seven m2.
- The coverage rate for nature reserve areas will reach 16 per cent.
- The forestry coverage rate will reach 18 per cent.
- The standard ratio for automobile exhaust gases will reach 100 per cent.
- The standard ratio for industrial exhaust gases will reach 95 per cent.
- The industrial wastewater discharge of Y 10,000 in production value will be less than 30 tons.
- The industrial wastewater disposal rate will reach 100 per cent.
- The utilization ratio of industrial solid wastes will reach 75 per cent.
- The comprehensive treatment rate of industrial solid wastes will reach 93 per cent.
- The rate of disposal of harmful waste will reach 100 per cent.