last updated : 17 July 2000
HIGH LEVEL REGIONAL CONSULTATIVE MEETING ON
Jakarta, 2 - 5 August 2000
FINANCING FOR DEVELOPMENT
List of background materials
- ESCAP (Hard copies will be available in Jakarta)
- Mr Azizul Islam, Issues on Tax Reforms
- Item 7 (a) 56th session 1-7 June 2000, Emerging Issues and Developments at the Regional Level:
Regional Economic Cooperation
Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2000
Part One: Recent Economic and Social Developments
- Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2000
Part Two: Economic and Financial Monitoring and Surveillance
- LDC Series; No: 2, Enhancing effectiveness of Aid
- Development Papers No. 20, Asian Economic Crisis: Causes, Consequences and Policy Lessons
- Growth with Equity: Policy Lessons from the Experiences of Selected Asian Countries
- Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 1999, Part Two: Asia and the Pacific into the Twenty-first Century: Information Technology, Globalization, Economic Security and Development
- Financial Sector Reform, Liberalization and Management for Growth and Stability in the Asian and the Pacific Region: Issues and Experience
- Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 1998, Chapter III: Managing the external sector
- Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 1998, Chapter IV: Growth and
Yilmaz Akyüz, "Causes and Sources of the Asian Financial Crisis", at: http://www.unctad-10.org/index_en.htm (look under "Host country
- UNCTAD, Trade and Development Report, 1998, Part I, Chapters 3 & 4:
(available at: http://www.unctad.org/en/pub/pubframe.htm)
- UNCTAD DISCUSSION PAPERS: (available at
G-24 DISCUSSION PAPERS: (available at http://www.unctad.org/en/pub/pubframe.htm)
- No. 143 by Yilmaz Akyüz & Andrew Cornford, "Capital Flows to Developing Countries and
the Reform of the International Financial System"
- No. 148 by Yilmaz Akyüz, "The Debate on the International Financial Architecture:
Reforming the Reformers"
G-24 DISCUSSION PAPERS: (pdf files attached)
Peter Bofinger, "The European Monetary System (1979-1988)Achievements, flaws and applicability to other regions of the world"
- No. 3 by Andrew Cornford, "The Basle Committee's Proposals for Revised Capital
- No. 6 Devesh Kapur and Richard Webb, "Governance-related Conditionalities of the IFIs"
(Document in Word and Acrobat format)
| Publications | Projects | Calendar | DRPAD | ESCAP | UN Homepage |
Please contact the webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
For any queries concerning the substantive content of the page, please contact DRPAD homepage.