Health Intelligence Unit (HIU), Thailand
Mission of HIU
Coordinating with different agencies to provide reliable evidence regarding health impact as result of economic crisis and propose feasible strategies to alleviate or prevent the problems.
Function of HIU
- Secretariat support to of the HIU committee for monitoring impact of economic crisis on health status, and health services.
- Coordination for production of reliable evidence through
- reviewing existing information, intervention and other movements in response to economic crisis from relevant organisations
- coordinating with health-related agencies to extract health-related information
- produce new information through new research.
- Synthesis of information from 1-3.
- Organize meeting of steering committee, and other forums.
- Synthesize and develop appropriate strategies and measures through participatory approaches to tackle and prevent negative impact on health as result of economic crisis and report to steering committee.
- Publish and disseminate information to the public through newsletter or press release.
HIU home page: www.moph.go.th/ops/hiu