ESCAP has the following five regional institutions:
- Statistical Institute for Asia and the Pacific (Makuhari, Chiba Prefecture, Japan);
- Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology (New Delhi, India);
- Centre for Alleviation of Poverty through Secondary Crops’ Development in Asia and the Pacific (Bogor, Indonesia);
- Asian and Pacific Centre for Agricultural Engineering and Machinery (Beijing, China);
- Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (Incheon City, Korea).
The regional institutions support the substantive divisions of ESCAP in their programming goals. Each regional institute has a governing council and a technical committee, except for APCICT and SIAP that do not have a technical committee. Governing councils are responsible for reviewing the institutes’ administration and financial status and implementation of programme of work and the technical committees advise institute directors on the formulation of the programme of work and other technical matters.