Issues to be addressed by the Committee on Macroeconomic Policy, Poverty Reduction and Inclusive Development
The Committee on Macroeconomic Policy, Poverty Reduction and Inclusive Development addresses the following issues:
- Experiences and practices in formulating and implementing macroeconomic policies to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable and inclusive development;
- Regional economic development policies and options, including in the area of financing for development;
- Strategies for achieving the Millennium Development Goals, with a special focus on poverty reduction;
- Pro-poor economic growth for increasing the income and employment of the poor;
- Progress towards graduation of the least developed countries through the mobilization of regional efforts to address poverty reduction and other identified concerns of countries with special needs;
- Policy options and programmes for reducing rural poverty, including those with a gender dimension, through the sustainable development of secondary crops.
The Committee is serviced by the Macroeconomic Policy and Development Division.