[ ANN-I | ANN-II | ANN-III ]
I. TERMS OF REFERENCE
Chapter 1. Introduction
- Briefly describe the sector focus and the unique characteristics of the sector in terms of economic importance to the country.
- Briefly describe the government's awareness of environment issues and areas of priority in the sector.
- Briefly describe the limitations and challenges for incorporating environmental considerations into policy decisions for the sector under the current economic situation of the country.
- Briefly describe the degree to which environmental issues are reflected in sector policies to date..
Chapter 2. National institutional arrangements for integrating environmental concerns into policy decision process
This chapter should cover all major ministries and agencies affecting the sector (i.e., for an agricultural product, agriculture, finance, and trade etc.).
- Describe the evolution and existing structure of the institutional arrangements for the sector that exists in the various ministries and agencies.
- If the institutional arrangements differ significantly between ministries/agencies, analyse why that is the case.
- Assess the adequacy of those arrangements in terms of their stated objectives.
Chapter 3. Mechanisms for integrating environmental considerations into sector policies and mechanisms for monitoring enforcement
- Describe the experience to date, and the current mechanisms and future direction for coordination among relevant ministries and agencies.
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses, and advantages and constraints, of those mechanisms.
- Examine how conflicts of interest among relevant ministries/agencies are resolved, pointing out areas in which coordination among ministries/agencies are more difficult.
- Describe mechanisms for interacting with the private sector in regard to integrated policy-making.
- Describe the mechanisms used to reflect the impact of trade problems on environmental policy and vice versa (e.g., how deterioration of the trade balance can influence environmental policy on a natural resource as an export commodity or how increased recognition of de-certification is reflected in trade policies).
- Describe any institutional arrangements established for coordination with trading partners and/or neighbouring countries in terms of environmental policies.