1. Opening of the session.
2. Election of officers.
3. Adoption of the agenda.
issues for the ESCAP region:
(a) Implications of recent
economic and social developments;
(b) Sustainable social
development in a period of rapid globalization: challenges, opportunities and
preparations for the World Summit on Sustainable Development.
(a) Implementation of
Commission resolution 53/1 on restructuring the conference structure of the
(b) Programme planning.
Emerging issues and developments at the regional level:
(a) Regional economic cooperation;
(b) Environment and natural resources development;
(c) Socio-economic measures to alleviate poverty in rural and
(d) Transport, communications, tourism and infrastructure
(f) Least developed, landlocked and island developing
7. Resource mobilization: technical cooperation activities of ESCAP and
announcement of intended contributions.
8. Reports of regional intergovernmental bodies.
9. Activities of the Advisory Committee of Permanent Representatives and Other
Representatives Designated by Members of the Commission.
10. Date, venue and theme topic for the fifty-ninth session of the Commission.
12. Adoption of the report of the Commission.